Thursday, August 16, 2012

More on Grammar

A few more tidbits to add in grammar. I vs Me: When to use. As a general rule. The pronoun I starts the sentence, is usually the subject. We use Me as the object or at the end of a sentence. Do and Does: when it is more than one person, we use do. When the subject is one person we use does. The trick to remember is two letters in do equals two people in subject. Simple yes but some of our kiddos need to be directly taught that to incorporate into their language! I hope you are finding helpful! Feel free to ask questions or comment!

 

4 comments:

  1. June, E keeps dropping the "S" off his plural words. Any suggestions? He will self correct when directed. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make an /s/ card and give as a visual. Can also cue if talking about one or two- to give more meaning and connect to memory find about 5-6 items that E would want more than one at a given time-fruit, candy, etc. Have him request that item and only give the one if the /s/ is missing. With the S card just have several handy so when he uses the single plural just give the card and don't respond til he corrects. Now remember you will have to do this many times several times a day. Good luck! Keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He was singing along to the radio in the car (effortlessly)! He'll be 9 next week. I remember fearing that he'd never be able to do that...remember? :) In the past year, I think he may be making up for all the years he didn't talk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol I do remember! I told you to be careful what you wish for! It does warm my heart to hear how wonderful he is doing! Good job mom and dad for all the persistent hard work you did to get him to this place!

    ReplyDelete